Sunday 15th March
Fusion Studios North East
Sunday 15th March 8.45am - 5.45pm.
Blended learning course - online theory modules to complete prior to attending the 1 day live course.
Topics covered on the course include:
- Sensory processing & how it affects behaviour
- Sensory overloads/meltdowns and strategies to help
- Creating and adapting developmentally appropriate choreography
- Behaviour and communication strategies.
- Makaton and Sign Supported English as an aid to communication
- Teaching styles and learner types
- Importance of developing and maintaining motor skills
- Crossing the mid line difficulties
- Movement safety
- Balance and co-ordination exercises and importance
- Structuring lessons
- Stretches - what can help and why
- Use and importance of rhythm and props
- Paperwork. Preparations needed beforehand.